Sunday, November 15, 2009

BP12_2009113_Web 2.0 Tools Reviewed

I like monkeys, even the survey kind! I haven’t heard of anyone reviewing and talking about creating online surveys so thought it would be a good topic to explore for this week’s Web 2.0 tool. I have heard other members of my school team mention Survey Monkey so it seemed like a good place to start. There are three categories within Survey Monkey basic, monthly pro, and annual pro, each with it’s own pricing category. My favorite the basic of course, it’s free!

So what can Survey Monkey basic do? You can design, selecting from one of the 15 pre-set designs, a survey of up to 10 questions choosing from 12 question types. There are easy to follow and use step-by-step directions to assist you in setting up your survey. Setup includes everything from typing in your questions, selecting your security settings, to printing a final survey results. Security settings include establishing cutoff dates, maximum number of responses cutoff, password protection, and the means of sending out your survey. All for free, yes these features are all part of the basic “free” use of the program.

Think you need more survey features? Well for $19.99 per month or an annual fee of $200.00 you can add unlimited questions, the ability to design your own presentation style, add your logo, support other languages, create a PSF of your survey and many more features. Personally for my uses I don’t foresee spending a dime, but I do plan on “monkeying around” and putting Survey Monkey to good use.


No comments:

Post a Comment